Monday, November 12, 2012

Our Night at Souplantation...

This is way overdue, but I wanted to post a big thank you to everyone who came out to our Souplantation fundraiser last Thursday night!

I didn't have the presence of mind to go around and take pics of all of our friends who came out (I need to get better about using my camera if I'm going to do this blogging thing!) but big thanks to my parents and in-laws, the Cash's, the Barnetts, the Stevens, the Glaros's, the Burkharts, Connie Weber, and of course the Maljians! Please forgive me if I am forgetting anyone, and thanks to anyone who came before or after we were there whom we may not have seen. Special thanks also to the Connellys who were not able to come, but sent us a donation anyway...much appreciated!

We won't know for a couple of weeks how much profit we made from the fundraiser, but I'm guessing it will be around $40. With only $135 left to reach our goal for Nastya's travel expenses, I'll take it! I've said it before, but even more precious to us than the money raised, is the knowledge that we have so many friends standing beside us as we get ready for Nastya's arrival. Thank you for coming along side us in yet another meaningful way.

We have three more days, until the 15th of this month, to get our remaining $100 funded so if any of you weren't able to make it to the fundraiser but would still like to help, please consider running a donation through our Active site (the link is at the top of this page). Just $10 or 15 from a few more friends is all it will take to get us to our goal. We are so close...it's very exciting!

Sadly I ended up with a stomach bug the Friday right after the fundraiser which has now morphed into a cold and laryngitis since then.  I hear these things are going around, but I got whammied! I'm going to be optimistic and figure that I'm getting all of this out of my system now so that I will NOT be sick while Nastya is here (ha, wish it worked that way). At any rate, I appreciate your prayers that I will be back up to speed soon. I still have lots to do to prepare for our girl's arrival in just a little over a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment