Monday, December 17, 2012

A long road ahead...

It's 9:24pm in Ukraine right now and Nastya is getting ready for a long trip.

I'm not sure about all the details (and I'm really bad at calculating flight time...over several different time zones... spanning two days) but I am assuming that she will be traveling by train to the airport in which case she has a very long 9 hour trip at the start of her journey. After that, she will get on a plane and fly for another 9 hours before landing in New York. Then, after a 2 1/2 hour layover she will get on a plane once again and fly for 5 more hours. All told, she will be traveling between 25 and 30 hours (my best guess) to get here.

This is a rigorous travel schedule even for the most seasoned business traveler and I'm pretty sure she's never been on a plane before! She's also very likely traveling with very few personal belongings which means that, aside from sleeping and possibly talking to the four other kids or the chaperone on her flight (assuming they are sitting near one another) she doesn't have much to do. I can't imagine it for myself, let alone for a 10 year old girl! If we weren't already amazed at the resilience that these kids have, now is the time to let it really sink in.

So today I am praying extra prayers for health, safety and endurance for her over the next two days. Will you join me? God has heard our prayers so far and I know He will make her as comforatable as possible until she can be here with us and spoiled appropriately. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment