Friday, October 19, 2012

A call for extra prayers!

Hey everyone...I wanted to share an update on the medical care for Nastya and ask for prayers.

I've spent a good deal of time this past week making calls, filling out forms and trying to make contact with someone at one of the local children's orthopedic hospitals. I'm hoping and praying that I will eventually connect with the right person who will advocate for Nastya and hopefully provide us with a pro bono consultation and subsequent treatment. Right now, here's what I've got:

One hospital will only be able to see her sometime in early January...around the 7th to 14th, right before she leaves. This is not ideal because she might need a follow up and I want to allow time for that. However, this facility does provide treatment free of charge.

Another hospital can provide her care, but doesn't have anyone willing to do it without charge. I was given a range of $250 to $900 just for a consultation (ugh...blow to the gut). My contact at this hospital has been attentive, helpful and she is their international rep for the Ukraine so we would have dedicated attention. She also says they have two doctors who are experts in dealing with Nastya's condition that will be available to see her.

I just submitted an application to the third hospital and am awaiting reply. They were recommended as one that will take on pro bono work more regularly so I am hoping that this will pan out. I don't know any more about their availability, expertise, etc. but hope that I hear back soon.

So I'm asking for prayers please if you can take a moment to send one up for us. I can already see that we are going to have a decision to make that will require us to carefully weigh several options. Nastya WILL have treatment while she is here, we are committed to that, even if we have to pay for it. I just want to make sure we do the right thing for her. Please lift us up that we will have the wisdom and good counsel make the best decision for her (even if it's a little tough on the wallet!)

Oh, and one more thing, I have been told by all three facilities that it would  be helpful and would expedite her treatment if I can get a copy of her medical records from the Ukraine. This is a bit of a long-shot, but I know that with God all things are possible! I appreciate prayers over that as well...that we either get them or the hospital we go with is able to get by without them.

Matthew 19:26 "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

No comments:

Post a Comment