Saturday, October 27, 2012

We have dates!

Many of you have asked about this and I'm excited to share that we finally have the actual dates of Anastasya's stay with us. She will be arriving either late on December 18th or early on the 19th (she is traveling through JFK so we will know for sure once that flight has been booked). She will be here until either January 14th or 15th...depends again on the times of the flights. I'm particularly excited because now I can safely make some plans...let the countdown begin!

Speaking of countdowns...there are just over two weeks left until November 15th, the deadline for us to have our travel expenses fully funded for Nastya's trip. We have received two more very generous donations in the past couple of days (thank you, thank you, thank you!) so we are now only $400 away from our fundraising goal. If any of you might still be considering a donation, every little bit helps...even $5, the cost of a trip to Starbucks, would be a blessing.

I need to share with you one more date: Thursday, November 8th. Local friends, I'd like to invite you to join us at the Arcadia Souplantation from 5 to 8pm for dinner. We have set up a "Funraiser" together with our friends Joy and Nathan Becker (whom I introduced you to in my previous post) to help raise money for our host kids' expenses. All you have to do is show up there with the flyer (see below), order your meal and a drink, and we will receive 15% of your tab. Pretty cool, huh?

I know I will be enjoying a night off from my kitchen duties...I hope to see some of you there as well. Please feel free to invite your friends and share this flyer with everyone you think might be interested. Thanks in advance for your support!

Fun Raiser Flyer

No comments:

Post a Comment