Sunday, October 14, 2012

It has been a great week!

This past week has been so great...lots going on!

I want to start with a big thank you to all of you who have donated so far to help bring Nastya here. Thanks to you, she is offically listed as "hosted" now and we just have to raise the rest of the funds for her travel over the next couple of weeks. I am very happy to report that we are just $5 away from the half way mark...YES! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Speaking of travel, we just filled out and submitted our airline request form to New Horizons so plans are continuing to move right along. Can't wait for more information and the actual dates of her visit! Hard to believe she'll be here in only two months.

I was able to call my dentist this week and am excited to share that he has agreed to donate his time to take a look at Nastya's teeth and supply a cleaning for her while she is here. I had already made an appointment for my kids and was able to get her in at the same time (yes!). He's usually booked months in advance so it was provident that I had already scheduled the appointment over the holiday break. There's a possibility that she'll need some cavities filled...we'll be praying that she will not have too many and we can help take care of those as well.

Another thing I wanted to get done this week was to send out donation requests to the Aquarium of the Pacific and the Pasadena Ice Skating Center requesting some tickets. I am hoping they pull through for us so we can save that money for some of the other things we'd like to do for her while she is here. I know they have donated to my MOPS group in the past so hopefully they will generous in this case as well.

This next week I'm going to be working on an orthopedic appointment for her (to help us discern what, if anything, we can do for her leg length discrepancy) and I need to call the San Diego Zoo and see if they can help us out with some tickets for a visit there as well.

I will post again as I have more to share. Thanks for your continued prayers for everything to come together for her visit!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for filling us in Steph; I'm praying for all these things.Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Chris...I feel your prayers! Love you sister!

      Delete