Thursday, October 18, 2012

How Could You Do That?!

This past summer, when the Maljians were hosting Dzintars, I was sharing their story with a friend of mine who is one of the most compassionate and big-hearted people I know. When I told her that Dzintars would be sent back to the orphanage at the end of the visit, she was horrified. "How could you do that?!" she said to me. She was very upset. She had a point and I wasn't sure how to answer her.

Perhaps many of you are following my blog and this same question has entered your minds? One of the Coordinators at New Horizons has done a lovely job of explaining how we could possibly consider doing "that" to Nastya. I hope that reading it helps you understand just how positive this program is:

http://www.newhorizonsforchildren.org/misconceptions/

Thanks for taking the time to read this and to learn more about the program. And thanks for your continued prayers for all of these kids, not just our Nastya. There are only 12 days left for the remaining kids to find their host families. Please be praying that they will be selected and given this great opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment